|Dr Lesley Barron
Dr Sunniva De Pont
Dr Wilbert Zijlmans
Dr Faisal Baloch
Dr Andrew Davidson
|Surgery merger news|
Results of consultation:
We consulted with our patients for a period of seven weeks between 21st February 2014 and 3rd April 2014. This consultation included:
- Alerting patients via the press
- Meeting with our Patient Participation Groups
- Writing to all patient households
- Making information and feedback forms available to our patients at the surgery and on our website
- Setting up a dedicated email address for patients to respond to
- Holding a Patient Open Morning at Trafalgar House for Norwood House patients on 22nd March 2014 so they could have a look around the building and meet staff and GPs from Trafalgar Medical Practice, and
- Writing to other key stakeholders about our proposal
We are delighted to tell you that 346 responses were received and of these 324 patients (94%) agreed and 22 patients (6%) disagreed.
The main reason why patients disagreed was because there is not any on-site parking at Trafalgar House. This has been the one area that we have been unable to resolve. Unlike the majority of the other practices in Scarborough, we have been extremely fortunate at Norwood House to have been able to offer on-site parking for our patients and we are disappointed that we have not been able to find a solution that also provides on-site parking again. However, we did prioritise finding a solution with one of our closest practices to reduce inconvenience for our patients. Trafalgar Street West is 0.2 miles from Norwood House Surgery, there is a bus stop within a minute's walk of its entrance, and free parking is available close by (including directly opposite their entrance).
The results have now been discussed with NHS England (North Yorkshire and Humber Area Team) and we are delighted to tell you that the merger has been approved.
We will be merging with Trafalgar Medical Practice to form Brook Square Surgery on THURSDAY 29th MAY 2014. Over the next two weeks we will produce a guide for patients to let you know what plans we are putting in place to make sure this move is as smooth as possible for everyone involved.
Thank you to everyone for their warm messages of support and we look forward to seeing you at Brook Square Surgery from 29th May 2014.
Dr Lesley Barron, Dr Sunniva de Pont, Dr Wilbert Zijlmans, Dr Faisal Baloch
Norwood House Surgery
14th April 2014